Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lest We Forget

To remember,
To think of a time I could not have seen,
And cry for souls I could not have known,
To remember.

On a certain day,
For moment's pause,
I transcend time,
On a certain day.

I'll thank you,
Soul I could not have known,
Days I can scarcely imagine,
I'll thank you.

For this day,
This moment,
Is only for you,
So I may sit with you and think a while,
And call it Remembrance.

For in remembrance,
You'll live still,
Live in me,
Live in us all who choose to remember,
Choose to be humbled,
And cry a tear for sacrifices made not so long ago.

I'll remember you,
On this certain day,
I'll thank you.


..............................
I'll always shed a tear on Remembrance Day, and pass it to my children in the future, so they'll never be forgotten.
M.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment