Saturday, November 20, 2010

Observations...

The sad fact of apathy is that anyone who cares to write on it, clearly has never truly felt it, because if they had, they wouldn't bother write about it in the first place. Its really not an interesting topic. Anyone familiar with the dull, sagging feeling, can agree it is not a compelling subject. As proven by this paragraph. Moving on . . .

............

I don't like big group gatherings. This isn't knew or anything; I've just finally figured out exactly why I hate them so much. With about five people, I can handle it, but for every person added after that, it just becomes another chance for me to be incredibly awkward around normal human beings. With this in mind, I will decline invitation to any such situations . . . unless there is a promise of alcohol.

............

Problem: I need sleep to function, but I hate sleeping.
Solution: live on coffee and tylenol for a couple days, crash for a controlled nap long enough to dream, wake up painfully and repeat.
Not good, but seems to work. So what if I have gigantic dark circles? I always liked racoons.

..............

Capitalism sucks because it sees everything (including human beings) as commodity. The awesome thing, however, is that people, on an individual level, can rarely be labeled accurately as "capitalist" because everyone values things like art and writing and people, not for the price they might come with, but for the emotion and thought they provoke with us. Those things that can never truly be given a price tag without false or hollow feeling.

.............

I love cookies.

..............

Foot binding, like any other given feminine issue, is a touchy subject. All I'll say, is don't waltz into someone else's country, say "you're doin' it wrong!" and tell them how to live. By no means do I believe foot binding to be a good thing. it applies to more than lotus slippers . . . I'm just saying.

..............

I'm tired. Coffee time.



M.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment